As we near the end of 2017, I would like to share the principles of planning and preparation so you can begin to set them in motion for next year. These quotes are powerful. Take them in for a few seconds…
“A goal without a plan is just a wish.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” Benjamin Franklin
Planning and preparation are keys to success. Think about it. Do we accomplish anything monumental by accident? Well, for most people making and keeping healthy changes is a monumental feat. The American lifestyle is not programmed for health. We have to work at it. The good news is we can make healthy choices if we plan and prepare to do so. Perhaps you have heard, “A little planning goes a long way.” Let’s think that through. Today I am going to highlight very simple steps in planning and preparing for a healthier 2018. Frequent dining out is one of the most detrimental habits to healthy living. So we want to begin packing food for the day if we work outside of the home.
Step 1: Plan and be prepared
Place healthy lunch containers and carrying bags on your holiday wish list. https://www.fit-fresh.com/
Step 2: Plan
Begin collecting ideas on healthy packed lunches.
Step 3: Prepare
Make a grocery list to include your fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, proteins, whole grains, wraps, healthy bars, etc…
Step 4: Prepare
Order your groceries on line and pick up at the store.
Step 5: Prepare
Wash, prep and stuff those containers. Try to have a few days ready at once.
What have you invested?
· Time to plan, order groceries, prepare and pack them
· The money to purchase the containers and groceries
What will you save?
- Time to try and pack lunch every day with no planning or preparing
- Time to go out and get food every day
- Money on dining out
- Money on impulse buys at the store from more frequent trips as a result of not planning and ordering online (huge loss of control!)
- Calories, sodium, unhealthy fats
- The struggle of temptation daily to eat off your plan
- Daily feelings of defeat and regret
What can you do with your savings?
- Use the extra time to walk at lunch
- Invest in a gym membership
- Buy some new clothes
- Use the saved time and money for a personal treat like a massage
- Spend more time with your family
- Sleep in peace
- Enjoy a sense of security that comes from better control
Truly, a few steps repeated over and over again can change your life! And all it takes is the focus to plan and prepare. Let’s end the year right to begin the year right! Take a step today towards a healthier 2018. A little planning goes a long way!!