Well, it’s here again, the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. As soon as that turkey is down the hatch, doors open for the best sales of the year…and off you go! Therefore, I thought some tips on where to grab healthy options on the run, might come in handy over the next few weeks. Take a moment to consider the importance of these fast-paced decisions.
* Most Americans gain 2 pounds a year cumulatively during these 4-5 weeks.
* Its cold and flu season so keeping immunity strong is important.
* Most other healthy habits are compromised like sleep and exercise.
* Stress is heightened during this season.
* The biggest health danger-zone is fast food.
* This is the biggest travel season of the year.
* We reserve the least time to prepare healthy foods between Thanksgiving and the winter holidays.
So, it is even more important that we make every effort to choose healthy options on the go! In order to help you do just that, I have provided a list of dietitian-approved stops. Have a wonderful and safe holiday, enjoy shopping, giving, family and friends…but, please finish your year strong and healthy!
Some great stops for healthy dining on the run:
* Grabba Green (This one is hard to beat, and a great idea for gift cards)
* Tropical Smoothie Café (Love the detox smoothie with protein)
* Zoe’s Kitchen (The salmon kabob platter wins for me)
* Salsarita’s or Qdoba (Naked salads are guilt-free goodness)
* Panera (Salads and smoothies are sure to keep you healthy)
* Starbucks (Bistro boxes make the cut)
* Chick-fil-a (The Market Salad and Superfood Side are safe)
In the midst of the hustle and bustle, stay healthy and happy this holiday season!