1-2 Tbsp olive oil
½ red onion diced
4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp oregano
1 14-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
2 cups enchilada sauce
6-8 whole wheat tortillas
2 cups grated cheese (Mexican blend)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, red pepper, and sweet potatoes and sautee for 7-9 minutes. If potatoes are not tender, add a splash of water and cover and cook until sweet potatoes are tender. Add salt, cumin, garam masala, oregano and black beans and sautee for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat and add half of the cilantro.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. Pour ½ cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the pan and spread evenly until bottom of the pan is coated.
- Place ½ cup filling in the center of the tortilla and add 2-3 Tbsp of cheese. Wrap tortilla up tightly and place seam side down over the sauce. Repeat for the remaining tortillas or until baking dish is full. Pour remaining sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in overn for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until cheese is melted on top. Once out of the oven, scatter the remaining chopped cilantro.