Watermelon Salad with Jalapeno and Lime
There are many watermelon salad variations using different herbs or even cheese like feta. I love spicy, however, and I grow Thai basil and jalapenos every summer, so this works well for me. You can use sweet basil if you do not have the Thai variety.
- 3tablespoons lime juice
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1pinch lime zest
- 2cups seedless watermelon, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄4cup basil (or Thai basil)
- 1teaspoon black sesame seed
- 1⁄2teaspoon sea salt
- Whisk together lime juice, oil and lime zest. Set aside.
- Place frozen watermelon cubes in single layer in large shallow dish. Pour lime juice mixture over watermelon, and gently toss to combine. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place 5 jalapeño rings each in 4 shallow serving bowls. Mound 1/2 cup watermelon in center of each bowl. Divide marinade among bowls. Sprinkle with basil, sesame seeds and salt, and serve.