Sweet Corn & Green Pepper Chowder (from Hello Fresh)
- Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place 4 TBSP butter in a small microwave bowl; set aside to soften. Wash and dry produce. Core, deseed and dice green pepper into 1/4 inch pieces. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Dice potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces. Drain and rinse corn.
- Melt 4 TBSP plain butter in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add green pepper and scallion whites; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until softened, 2-3 minutes. Add flour; cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 1 minute.
- Slowly stir milk into pot a splash at a time until fully incorporated. Stir in 2 1/2 cups water. Add potatoes, stock concentrates, and half the old bay seasoning, Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occassionally, until potatoes are very tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine softened butter, 1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning and 1/2 tsp sugar until smooth. Taste and add more Old Bay seasoning if desired. Halve baguette lengthwise; spread cut sides with Old Bay butter. Place cut side up on a baking sheet. Toast on top rack of oven until golden, 3-5 minutes.
- Once potatoes are tender, reduce heat to low and mash with a potato masher or fork to desired consistency. Stir in cream cheese, corn, and Monterey Jack until fully incorporated and chowder is thick and creamy. If needed, stir in splashes of water until chowder reaches desired consistency. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Halve Old Bay toast on a diagonal if desired. Divide chowder between bowls. Garnish with scallion greens and sour cream, Serve with Old Bay toast on the side.