Roasted Garlic and Zucchini Flatbreads with white sauce, mozzarella and grape tomatoes
4 oz grape tomatoes
1 tsp garlic
¼ oz chives
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp flour
1 tsp garlic powder
4 Tbsp cream cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. Trim and half zucchini lengthwise; crosswise into ½ inch thick half moons. Halve tomatoes and mince chives.
- Toss zucchini on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Roast on top rack until zucchini is browned and tender, 14-16 minutes. Meanwhile, place tomatoes in a medium bowl; toss with a drizzle of olive oil, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Set aside to marinate.
- Once zucchini is tender, transfer to bowl with tomatoes; toss to combine. Carefully wipe off any excess oil from baking sheet. Place flatbreads on same sheet. Return to top rack until flatbreads are lightly toasted. 5-7 minutes.
- While flatbreads toast, melt 1 TBSP butter in a large pan over wedium-high heat. Add flour, garlic powder and remaining Italian seasoning. Whisk constantly until lightly browned, 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium low and whisk in cream cheese and ½ cup water until melted and combined. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Heat broiled to high. Evenly top flatbreads with sauce, garlic and veggies. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Broil flatbreads until cheese melts, 1-2 minutes. Slice flatbreads into pieces; sprinkle with chive. Divide between plates and serve.