Finally, spring has sprung and the days are warming! Just the thought of longer, warmer days makes me want to be healthier. Exercise is much more inviting, food fare is lighter, and water intake is on the rise! I’m feeling better already!
Considering more water, did you know…?
- Your body is 60% water and water is essential for proper digestion, absorption, and elimination promoting better overall health.
- Muscle is 70% water, so hydration increases exercise endurance.
- Water detoxifies your skin and enhances your youthfulness.
- Water keeps you more satisfied and helps you maintain a healthy weight.
- Water is an effective lubricant keeping joint fluids healthy.
Oddly, as beneficial as water is and affordable too, 90% of my clients report lower than recommended intake. The overall consensus is that the flavorless beverage doesn’t appeal to the taste buds enough to drink 64-100 ounces a day, depending on your bodyweight.
Flavor enhancers are popular, but most contain artificial sweeteners and dyes which have various negative side-effects including unhealthy gut flora. I personally avoid them like the plague! I am, however, a big fan of Sweet Leaf products. Sweet Leaf is one of the most pure stevia products on the market. And, guess what? They have flavor enhancers too! I highly endorse this all natural product. The implications of replacing sweet tea, soda, and juice with calorie-free water are promising! Sweet beverages are our largest source of empty calories that raise blood-sugars and increase body-fat storage. In fact, one soda as 39 grams of sugar which is twice the World Health Organization’s recommendation for added sugars in a day. If you can change that and not feel deprived, your world would be a much better place!
Spring has sprung, so it is time to begin thinking about some healthy changes. Let me get you started with less sugar and more water. Sweet Leaf Water Drops can help you meet your goal!