According to the CDC, adults need 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity and muscle strengthening training on at least 2 days a week. Many adults do not get enough exercise due to many reasons, but one main reason being the cost! However, there are many ways that you can obtain exercise for a low to no cost!
Many know about local gym memberships, but assume they are expensive. Although there are a lot of gym memberships for a high cost with little benefits, there are a couple that are affordable and offer many different amenities!
- Planet Fitness off of Market St. http://www.planetfitness.com/offers/396
- Workout Anytime off of Battleground Ave. https://workoutanytime.com/memberships/
Both of these gyms offer month-to-month gym memberships and for affordable costs, so no worries about sticky contracts! If you are someone that does not want to spend any money at all on a gym membership, are not comfortable with going to the gym, or just do not have the time to go to a gym, there are many at-home workouts that work just as well!
At-home workouts may include:
- Abdominal workouts: Crunches, Planks, Jackknives, Russian Twists, etc.
- Dumbbell Muscle Strengthening can target almost any part of the body such as; Chest (Bench Press, etc.), Biceps (Curls, etc.), Triceps (Tri extensions, etc.), Back (Back fly’s, etc.), Shoulders (Shoulder Press, etc.) and Legs (Weighted lunges, etc.).
- Cardio workouts without the “Cardio”: Jumping Jacks, Brisk walking outside, Burpees, Squat Jumps, Knee-ups, etc.—Anything that gets your heart rate up!
- For more exercises and more information please visit: https://www.acefitness.org/acefit/fitness-programs-article/2863/Top-25-At-Home-Exercises/
At-home workouts are a personal favorite for me, you can do things your own way and on your own time and really target your muscle to get the results you are looking for!
If you are “balling on a budget” so-to-speak, or are trying to save money, but are wanting to get fit; look into these different memberships that are offered in the area and give these at home workouts a try. Do your research; get fit, feel great and save money!