Easy Black Bean Oat Burgers (realsimple.com)
- 2 (15-oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup uncooked old-fashioned regular rolled oats
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or gluten free tamari
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup all purpose or gluten free flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Bun, lettuce, tomato slices, red onion slices, avocado, sour cream
- Process beans, oats, garlic, soy sauce, chili powder, and scallions in a food processor until ingredients begin to come together, about 30 seconds.
- Shape mixture into 4 (¾-cup) patties using the flour to firm the shape, and then let them stand at room temperature 5 minutes or refrigerate up to 3 hours.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Cook patties in hot oil until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve with a bun, lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, and sour cream or any other condiments you desire.