Creamy White Chicken Chili
2 cups cooked chicken shredded ( I typically use Rotisserie chicken)
1 ½ tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
32 ounces chicken broth
4.5 ounce can green chiles chopped
15 ounce can white corn, drained
2-15 ounce cans white beans, drained
3 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp flour
1 cup low-fat milk
1 tsp Better Than Bullion chicken base
½ tsp salt
½ cup sour cream
- Place cooked chicken breasts in crock pot. Add chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, chicken broth, green chiles, corn, and beans. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- About an hour before serving, prepare the roux. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and whisk in flour. Allow sauce to bubble and brown slightly. Slowly whisk in milk and chicken base. Let sauce simmer for 4-5 minutes until it is thickened and then add salt.
- Pour sauce into crockpot and mix thoroughly.
- Add sour cream to soup mix and stir.
- Serve when ready and enjoy!