Chunky Vegetable Chili
2 medium zucchini, cut into ½ inch pieces (3 cups)
2 medium green sweet pepper, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
1 cup coarsely chopped onion
1 cup coarsely chopped celery
4 cloves garlic, minced
4-6 tsp chili powder
2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
(4) 14 ½ ounce cans of stewed tomatoes (undrained)
(2) 17 oz cans of whole kernel corn (undrained)
(2) 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
(2) 8 oz jars of mild salsa
Sour cream (optional)
- In a 3 ½-4 quart crockpot, combine zucchini, green sweet pepper, onion, celery, garlic, chili powder, oregano and cumin. Stir in undrained tomatoes, undrained corn, drained beans and salsa.
- Cover; cook on low-heat for 8-10 hours or on high-heat for 4-5hrs. To serve, ladle chili into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream. Makes 8 servings.
*Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Garden Crockery Cookbook.