Tis the season for shopping for friends and family members. It is always fun to shop and find the perfect gift with that special person in mind. Sometimes it can be hard for that person that has everything. Tools for the kitchen are always a good gift because everybody has to eat and new kitchen tools are something you may not buy yourself. I recently went shopping with some of my good girl friends and asked them to share their favorite kitchen gadgets that they use and can’t imagine cooking in the kitchen without them. Here is our list of top gadgets for this season:
1. Vegetable spiralizer. You can find a relatively inexpensive spiralizer (less than $10) and it is a fun way to bring vegetables to the table in a different form. Zucchini and sweet potatoes are good vegetables to experiment with if you haven’t tried them.
2. Microplane. This small gadget can be used to add citrus zest to any dish with lemon, lime, or orange skin. A microplane is also great for fresh ginger in dishes such as stir-fry.
3. Silicone tongs. My friend uses silicone tongs for almost everything! They are great to use with your non-stick pans and can tolerate high heat.
4. Herb stripper. This was a gift that was given to me by a friend and it is so handy to use with your fresh herbs. You find the hole that works best with your herbs and then can just pull your herb through, pulling the leaves off and leaving the stems only. Then you can use the edge of the edge of this gadget to chop your herbs.
5. Scoop and scrape tool. An absolutely must have in the eyes of my friend Jessica! It can tolerate high heat so you can use with cooking on your stovetop but it is perfect size to include with baking as well.
What are some of your favorite kitchen gadgets? If you don’t have some of these gadgets, make sure to pick one up for yourself or add it to your Christmas list!