Baked Blueberry Oatmeal
2/3 cup chopped pecans
2 cups old-fashioned oats
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 ¾ cup milk (cows milk or plant-based milk)
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 large eggs
3 Tbsp melted butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 pint fresh blueberries
2 tsp raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x9 baking dish and add nuts. Toast in oven for 4-5 minutes.
- Mix together oats, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, nutmeg.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together milk, syrup, eggs and butter.
- Put ½ of berries on top of toasted pecans throughout bottom of baking dish. Cover berries with dry oat mixture.
- Pour wet milk mixture evenly over the oat mixture.
- Add remaining berries on top of mixture.
- Bake in oven for 42-45 minutes until top is golden.
*Recipe adapted from Cookie and Kate